In order to be considered for a new play reading, production, or developmental work during our present season or the following season submissions should arrive by regular mail or e mail close to the beginning of our season. Our season begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the next year; e.g., the 2017-18 season begins the July 1, 2017.
IF YOU ARE A PLAYWRIGHT OR AN ASPIRING WRITER WHO DESIRES TO HEAR YOUR PLAY READ ALOUD IN A CONCERT OR STAGED READING, SUBMIT YOUR SCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR TRI-STATE ACTORS THEATER’S NEW PLAYS READING SERIES. WE PLAN TO HOLD PUBLIC READINGS OF THREE NEW SCRIPTS DURING SEASON 2017-18. THE NEW PLAYS READING SERIES IS PRESENTED THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.
SCRIPTS VIA E MAIL: email@example.com
Tri-State Actors Theater
P.O. Box 6
Newton, NJ 07860
SOME INFORMATION, SUGGESTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Two scripts may be submitted in any one submission period.
- Plays may be full-length or one-acts.
- Plays may be submitted as works-in-progress.
- Playscripts must be typed or word processed in a standard play format in English. Please use page numbers & include a list of characters.
- A letter indicating your wish to submit your script should accompany the submission. Your name, address, and phone number & e-mail must be included.
- TAT cannot return scripts, so make sure you send a copy and not the original!
- If your script is selected, you become an essential part of the process and will be asked to attend the reading.
- Do not submit musicals.
- Plays with 1-5 characters will be considered first.
- Tri-State Actors Theater is a non-profit professional acting company incorporated in the state of New Jersey, USA.
Plays submitted to Tri-State Actors Theater are considered for main stage productions.